Most home owners tend to treat the attic as a part of the house which deserves a lot of junk and all the stuff that requires the smallest attention. Apparently, the attic serves a very important function as any other part of the home. However, attention dedicated to it is very minimal, and, the consequence is that drastic things can happen in the near future. So, what is the major issue concerning the attics? The problem is attic ventilation. As long as it is there, the attic will require proper ventilation and failure to do so will cause other costly problems, or even worse. In this article, you will get to know what you didn’t know about attics.
- To start with, a friend of mine once said to me, sadly, “My house is too hot.” At that particular time, we had been sweating, not from anything related to physical activity, but simply from seating down for thirty minutes watching television. The day was a bit sunny, but the heat in the house was way too much. This ordeal has been a menace to many other people. So, what might be the problem? Attic specialists, such as the Ventilator King and Insulation King, have revealed that the heat is mostly caused by lack of ventilators. This does not allow, or, maintain air flow. To solve this, it is advisable to use rafter vents and soffit vents together with insulation. A very hot attic will obviously cook up the asphalt shingles.
- The winter and summer puzzle about the attic. It is obvious that the main reason of having an attic is to be able to keep the house warm during the winter season. Yes, it happens. However, after some time you might realize that the house is getting cold during this season and your bills are steadily rising as opposed from before. This is not a mystery. When your attic is too warm during winter, the snow at the roof will melt. After some time, it will re-freeze forming itself at the gutters. This is the major thing that causes roof damage. Additionally, the attic will not be able to function properly resulting to poor heat flow in your house.
- Lastly, but not least, the attic can harbor moisture, which automatically results to the presence of mildew. When condensation takes place, and the attic does not have ventilators, mildew is formed. This can be very hazardous to those with mold and mildew allergies. Also, the attics’ wood will absolutely rot hence resulting to expensive future repairs. Having your attic fitted with attic ventilators will help solve this therefore extending your attics lifetime, and, all the junk and valuables placed at the attic.
After reading the above, though not much, you are assured to solve the question that you go asking almost every neighbor or family member i.e., “How to cool off my attic.” The highly qualified and professional attic specialist, Ventilator King and insulation King will solve all your attic problems. They have a very long experience, two decades. Some of their major services comprise of;
- Installation of attic ventilators
- Blown attic ventilation services
- Installation of powered attic ventilation fans.
You can contact them at (770) 924- 1343, or, email@example.com for more info.